15 NOV 2022

Death of two-year-old from mould in flat a ‘defining moment’, says coroner

  • 73

Awaab Ishak died in 2020, eight days after his second birthday, following ‘chronic exposure’ in Rochdale.

A coroner has said the death of an “engaging, lively, endearing” two-year-old from prolonged exposure to mould in his family’s flat should be a “defining moment” for the UK’s housing sector.

Awaab Ishak died in 2020, eight days after his second birthday, as a direct result of black mould in the flat he lived in.

To read the full article, please click here.

If you have been affected by any of the issues raised in this article, contact us for assistance on 0161 348 7670.

Consumer Reclaim Ltd is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of regulated claims management activities, reference number: 835212. Registration is recorded at: https://register.fca.org.uk. Consumer Reclaim Ltd is registered in England and Wales, Company Registration number: 07223077. Information Commissioner Office number: ZA176000. VAT number: 144 4752 12